The quality skylight domes are mainly acrylic and sometimes possibly polycarbonate. There are several weather situations that threaten your skylight, though. Hailstorms and other natural causes leave your home vulnerable to damages. Hail striking can cause harm to your roof and any skylights you have installed. Damages to your roofing and skylights are easily identifiable. Here are a few:
- Size of Hail – Hailstorms can produce any size of hailstones to fall from the sky and cause considerable amounts of damage.
- Wind – This will single-handedly change how the hailstorm reacts to the area it is impacting, possibly increasing the speed at which the hail is falling.
- Material Used for Roof – The material used on roofs has the ability to absorb the impact of hail differently than others. Metal roofing, for instance, causes dinging and denting on the roof itself. Tile roofs are not in too much danger of having wind damaging them, and little to no damages from the hail.
- Glass – Most glass generally can withstand larger hailstorms more than any other typical polymer material. Although they still do break with bigger hail.
- Polymer – This type of domed skylights withstand smaller to medium-sized hail. However, all materials can most likely still be damaged, depending on the size of the hail in the sky.
3 Simple Ways to Resolve Skylight Dome Damage
Typical Skylight Dome Replacement
- Drill the rivet out
- Remove the existing trims on the skylight
- Pull off the broken skylight dome
- Replace the broken dome
- Replace the removed trims
- Rivet the trims back together again
Traditional Frame and Skylight Dome replacement
- Remove the screw or rivets first
- Entirely lift the frame and skylight dome
- Replace this with a brand-new traditional frame and dome
- Rivet the new frame and dome to match the old one and
Replacing your Skylight Dome with a Framed Sky Window and Glass
- Remove the frame and skylight dome
- Make any modification if necessary
- Custom-fit your new Skylight frame window and glass
- Rivet your new skylight window frame
<li>Rivet your new skylight window frame</li>
GoGreen Daylight Systems, LLC In Surprise, Arizona
GoGreen Daylight Systems, LLC is a Skylight contractor and installer of top-quality Tube Skylights, Traditional Skylights, Solar Attic Fans, and Garage Fans in Phoenix, the West Valley and East Valley. Contact us today for a free quote!