If you are looking for how to lower electric bill in Arizona for the summer of 2022, read on to learn more.
Tubular Skylights Installation
Replacing your traditional lighting in your home or office with tubular skylights or solar tubes is one of the best ways to lower your electric bill in Arizona. Tubular skylights or solar tubes light up your home or office using natural light which is has health benefits on top of electricity savings.
Solar Panel Installation
Solar panel installation can help homeowners and business owners save 75% on electricity. It does cost a lot to install solar panels but with the federal and state tax credits you get right away can help bear the expense for your home or business. This is the best way to save.
Load controllers help control the amount of electricity that is being used during high cost kilowatt hours. They basically shut off your appliances during the most expensive times of the day. However, if you want to run electricity during those hours, you just have to switch your loads back on.
Wi-Fi thermostats help you be in control of the temperature of your home from wherever you are using a mobile app or application on your computer. Never worry if you left the air conditioner or heater on again with thermostat control in the palm of your hand.
Alternative Energy, LLC states, “You can save 2-3% instantly on your electric bill by setting your SRP or APS thermostat settings to 1 degree warmer.” You can also change your air conditioners air filter out once a month to keep your ac working at 100% efficiency.
Solar Attic Fan Installation
Solar attic fans are fans that are designed to circulate attic air. Most of the heat that makes it into your home makes its way through your attic. Most attics don’t have an attic fan and installing one can keep your attic cool, which keeps your home cooler; saving you money on electricity.
Mini Split AC Units
According to Energy.Gov, “Since mini splits have no ducts, they avoid the energy losses associated with ductwork of central forced air systems. Duct losses can account for more than 30% of energy consumption for space conditioning, especially if the ducts are in an unconditioned space such as an attic.” Ducless mini split ac units also cost less to run and use 60% less energy than a central air conditioning unit.
Other Energy Saving Tips
- Wash clothes in cold water instead of hot water to save even more.
- Use Wi-Fi thermostats instead of traditional thermostats.
- Use tubular skylights instead of traditional skylights.
- Use the fan in your bathroom to remove humidity and heat from your home after taking a bath or shower.
- Use outside grill instead of oven in the summer to reduce your home’s internal temperature.
- Turning your water heater from 140° to 120° can lower your electric bill by $10 per month.
- Turning your air conditioner down 1 degree save 2-3% on your electricity bill.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- Stop leaving the outside light on after morning time.
- Set your ceiling fan to auto so the fan won’t keep blowing after the AC is turned off. Using the auto setting vs the on setting can lower your electric bill by $15-$25 per month.
- Set ceiling fans to blow down during the summer.
- Replace lighting with energy efficient LED lighting.
- Paint the walls in your home a lighter color. This will make light reflect better and lower need for more lighting.
- Make sure your fridge or freezer is set the manufacturers recommended temperature.
- Make sure and clean your dryer’s lint filter for additional energy savings.
- Keep your oven door closed at all times during cooking. You lose from 25 to 50 degrees every time your open it.
- Keep window blinds, shutters or drapes closed during the daytime.
- Instead of taking baths, take showers, it saves your hot water heater from having to run a lot.
- During the winter make sure your the damper in your fireplace is closed to prevent air from going up the chimney
- Dry your dishes with the air and reduce the cost of using dishwasher electricity
- Dry clothes consecutively to use up the residual heat left over from the previous load.
- Don’t use your dryer to dry clothes, hang them up instead. Anything that uses heat, uses a lot of electricity.
- Don’t use your dishwasher; Wash your dishes by hand to save money on electricity.
- Don’t run your dishwasher if it is not a full load.
- Don’t place appliances next to thermostat, the heat turns the unit on.
- Don’t let your oven preheat longer than it needs to.
- Do not install a freezer or refrigerator in your garage. Operating a refrigerator in a hot garage can cost your up to $15-$20 per month.
- Buy Energy Star appliances and electronics as these devices use most of the electricity in your home.
GoGreen Daylight Systems, LLC In Surprise, Arizona
GoGreen Daylight Systems, LLC is a Skylight contractor and installer of top-quality Tube Skylights, Traditional Skylights, Solar Attic Fans, and Garage Fans in Phoenix, the West Valley and East Valley. Contact us today for a free quote!